Business Development (Contract Position)
At Community Servings, we believe in the astonishing power of food and we come prepared every day to help our critically ill patients maintain their health and dignity through nutritious, made-from-scratch meals. When you become a part of the Community Servings’ family, your efforts help strengthen our clients who are battling life-threatening illnesses.
This is a 12-month, part-time contract opportunity. Outward focused position – meeting with members of the healthcare community. Reports to our CEO – assists in identifying, assessing and developing new business opportunities related to healthcare reimbursement contracts for our medically tailored home-delivered meals service. You will provide support for developing growth/contracting strategies, sales process development and driving superior business-to-business client engagement and operational performance.
You will interact extensively with senior executives across Operations, Policy, Finance, and other key leaders – providing excellent visibility within our organization
Primary targets for this opportunity include Accountable Care Organizations, Managed Care Organizations, and Programs of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE), and similar models of care for individuals coping with poverty and critical illnesses in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and other New England states.
- Work closely with the CEO and executive leaders to grow the agency’s healthcare reimbursement contracts.
- Assist in identifying prospective reimbursement partners and expanding service offerings to existing partners.
- Secure, negotiate, and implement contracts with reimbursement partners.
- Create a comprehensive marketing plan that outlines marketing and sales strategies for prospective partners, both existing and new. Assist in defining service offerings and pricing. Review and refine contract processes and documents.
- Articulate the mission and services of Community Servings to prospective partners and influencers
- Develop and maintain relationships with project leads of prospective partners.
- Provide leadership with internal team in all phases of business development with prospective partners.
- Enhancing utilization of our CRM/lead management database tracking
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree. Master’s degree in business, public health, or related field preferred.
- 2+ years in healthcare sector, management consulting or related experience.
- Solid understanding of healthcare business operations, network management, contracting structure and negotiations, specifically for Managed Care and Accountable Care Organizations serving individuals qualifying for MassHealth.
- Experience with developing marketing feasibility studies and marketing plans in the healthcare or a related industry.
- Ability to design and implement effective lead management processes to move prospects effectively through sales funnel.
- Ability to communicate appropriately and efficiently with top executives both internally and externally
- Proven ability to liaise with cross-functional teams and deliver results
- Strong interpersonal, decision-making, and technical skills; proven ability to present new ideas and concepts to a diverse audience.
- Strong analytical/financial skills are a plus.
- Strong skills at sales, marketing, business development, and customer service.