Massachusetts’ free, home-delivered meals and nutrition program for the critically ill—seeks a Communications Manager. Reporting to the Director of Development and Communications, but working closely with the entire Development team, The Chief Development Officer and the Chief Executive Officer, the Communications Manager is responsible for developing, implementing and coordinating all aspects of Community Servings’ messaging for external and internal communications. In addition the Communications Manager is responsible for developing and guiding all aspects of the agency’s brand; from awareness campaigns to internal collateral such as the website and form design. This position is an ideal opportunity for a hard-working, self-motivated professional who is eager to play a crucial role in helping Community Servings achieve its mission.
Community Servings is committed to building a culturally diverse and inclusive workforce and strongly encourages applications from all communities and backgrounds
- Assist and guide the Director of Development and Communications and the agency as a whole in all aspects of public relations and communications as they relate to our Strategic Plan, including developing a strategic communications plan to assist in achieving Community Servings’ mission and goals
- Work with our PR firm and senior management to generate press for mission and event support
- Oversee the design and production of all collateral materials including newsletters, brochures, annual reports and videos
- Oversee, coordinate and maintain our website and online/social media campaign with the assistance of other agency departments
- Engage the community on our social media channels, as well as other websites where conversations are happening relative to our program initiatives
- Integrate website and social media into a search engine optimization campaign to garner more exposure in search results and increase search ranking
- Develop metrics and track performance of various social media initiatives and develop/implement changes to improve results
- Work in conjunction with the Development department and Marketing Coordinator to develop content and schedule for monthly e-newsletters, regular on-line donor appeals and consistent messaging/editing for direct mail donor appeals
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with media
- Assist and guide all agency departments towards establishing a uniform internal recognition and usage of our brand and values as they relate to the Strategic Plan
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in communications, public relations, marketing or related field
- 3-5 years’ experience with communications, media and public relations
- Strong local, personal networks and connections helpful for public relations functions
- Experience working with community organizations, volunteers, businesses and local government
- Experience in development and fundraising
- Web design (or design coordination) and business related social media experience
- Proficient with MS Office applications and ability to learn new programs
- Ability to interact with diverse populations
- Sensitivity to the circumstances and needs of the critically ill and a passion for Community Servings’ mission
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires an individual to sit and stand for long periods of time and have the ability to lift up to a maximum of 35 lbs.