Eastern Massachusetts’ free, home-delivered meals and nutrition program for the critically ill seeks a Receptionist.
The Receptionist is responsible for the professional and efficient welcoming of visitors, answering telephone calls and receiving and forwarding messages, as well as a variety of clerical duties that support the administration across the agency.
The position is Mon-Fri, 3pm-7pm.
- Oversees accurate and complete sign-in/sign-out procedures for on-site staff, volunteers and visitors
- Promptly, professionally, and courteously welcomes and receives all visitors
- Promptly, accurately, professionally and courteously assesses all received calls/inquiries and directs and/or records and relays messages
- Signs for deliveries when necessary and notifies recipients
- Ensures that the waiting area is up to date with reading materials, agency brochures and current periodicals
- Keeps immediate supervisor well-informed of activities, results of efforts and problems identified/potential problems; recommends corrective actions to immediate supervisor
- As needed, assists with clerical tasks to include data entry, filing, and agency mailings
- Respects confidentiality in discussing visitor, participant, staff, volunteers and organizational matters
- Exhibits genuine concern for visitors, volunteers and staff and always conducts oneself appropriately and professionally
- Assists with other general clerical and administrative tasks as required
- Demonstrates excellent customer service and attention to detail
- Good computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
- Maintains confidentially
- Demonstrates a positive and productive attitude
- Speaks clearly, listens and gets clarification
- Able to interpret written information
- Able to deal with frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events
- Professional appearance: grooming and dress consistent with desired agency image
- Bilingual speaking ability (e.g. Spanish or Haitian Creole) is a plus
- High School diploma or equivalent; one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education/experience