Tis the season for pumpkin everything! When you are in need of a quick, nutritious dinner, try Sage Pumpkin Pasta. This dish comes together very quickly and requires only a few ingredients that can be found in your pantry. This dish is very versatile—you can play around with the seasonings and spices to make it your own!
1 tablespoon olive oil
½ white or yellow onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
3/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
1 teaspoon dried sage
1 ½ cups 2% milk
15 oz canned pumpkin puree
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
½ teaspoon nutmeg
½ box whole wheat pasta, cooked
1) Prepare pasta according to package instructions and set aside.
2) Heat the oil in a medium pot over medium heat.
3) Add the onion, garlic, red pepper flakes, and dried sage and cook until onions are translucent, stirring occasionally.
4) Add the pumpkin puree, salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
5) Slowly add the milk in 1/4 cup increments. Stir until a smooth, creamy sauce forms. You may not need to use all of the milk.
6) Add the cooked pasta and stir to coat.
This information is per serving.