Delivery Drivers (Full-Time & Part-Time)
Join a passionate team who is committed to the mission of healing people through the power of food. We offer excellent benefits and meaningful work to our Team Members.
The Delivery Driver’s primary responsibility is the loading of our van and delivery of prepared meals to Community Servings’ clients. Shifts are 8 hours on Monday – Saturday and schedules will vary depending upon full-time or part-time position.
- Obtain client bags from refrigerated units and load vans as directed.
- Look at route sheets and establish food counts in order to load the van for food delivery.
- Deliver weekly bags to approximately 35 – 50 clients per day.
- Access MapPoint program to locate new stops and produce maps.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- A strong customer service orientation – friendly, flexible and compassionate
- Experience in loading, map reading and food delivery
- Experience with safety and food handling sanitation standards
- Skill in interpersonal relations for the effective communication with a multi-cultural client and volunteer population.
- Skill in the effective use of English language to read and express ideas/facts orally and in writing.
- Skill in the use of personal computers.
- Valid Massachusetts Driver’s License and a clean driving history
- Able to successfully pass a Criminal Offender Records Inquiry (CORI) Background Check
- Ability to read and interpret a map
- Bi-lingual speaking ability (e.g. Spanish) is a plus.
- High School Diploma and one to three years’ experience driving a 10,000 lb. van.