Adapted from minimalistbaker.com
This baked oatmeal is a great make-ahead breakfast. It is warm and satisfying with lots of fiber and healthy fats to start your day off right. Serve this as you would a casserole or bread pudding, in a bowl, and top with your favorite oatmeal toppings.
1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
1/3 cup slivered toasted almonds
3 Tbsp raisins
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup maple syrup or honey
1 3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup canola oil 2 eggs, lightly beaten
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 2-quart baking dish with non-stick spray.
2. In a large mixing bowl, stir oats, almonds, coconut, raisins, and salt.
3. Add eggs, maple syrup, milk, and oil and mix thoroughly to combine.
4. Pour oatmeal into prepared dish and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until slightly golden brown and firm in the middle. Then increase heat to 400 degrees F and bake 5-8 minutes more to brown the edges and crisp the top.
5. Spoon into bowls and serve warm. Leftovers keep covered in the refrigerator 2-3 days. Reheat in a 350 degree oven, or the microwave.
This information is per serving.