This Zucchini-Herb-Potato Egg Basket recipe is a healthful and fun option for breakfast or brunch, and is also an easy way to add in vegetables to start your day. This recipe makes use of hash brown potatoes. Hash browns are potatoes that have been shredded before you buy them at the store. Purchasing hash browns for this recipe saves you time and work shredding potatoes! Be sure to read the ingredient list for added oils or salt.
1½ cups refrigerated hash brown potatoes, such as Simply Potatoes
1 small zucchini, grated patted dry with paper towels
¼ cup fresh, flat leaf parsley
2 tablespoons fresh chives
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Coat the muffin tin with cooking spray.
3. In a medium bow, mix together the hashbrown potatoes, grated zucchini, and herbs.
4. To make the basket: Spoon cup ¼ cup of the zucchini-potato mixture into each muffin cup. Press the mix firmly into the bottom, and all the way up the sides to the top of the rim.
5. Place the muffin tin in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
6. Remove muffin tin from the oven and add 1 egg onto each potato-zucchini basket.
7. Place the muffin tin back in the oven, and bake at 400°F for 12-15 minutes, or until the eggs are cooked to your preference.
This information is per serving.