Director of Business Development & Network Contracting
In this newly created Leadership Team position, the Director of Business Development will play an essential role in setting the strategic direction for the organization with ultimate responsibility for developing and managing a $4 million plus portfolio of revenue generating contracts. You will lead the development, implementation and management of Medicaid, Medicare Advantage and other managed care organizations contracts to deliver medically tailored meals to consumers with Medicaid, Medicare, dually eligible or other insurance coverage. Additional responsibilities will include growing relationships with client organizations on an ongoing basis; understanding and addressing the competitive landscape to maximize contracting activity; co-leading contract negotiations and contract development activities with senior leadership; and identifying and cultivating potential contracting opportunities.
- Lead the development and management of contract opportunities with potential client organizations.
- Manage client relationships and contract compliance based on client agreements including state and federal regulatory and NCQA standards.
- Participate in the Leadership Team with responsibility for overall growth and development of client relationships.
- Maintain ongoing presence at client organizations as necessary and appropriate, ensuring client satisfaction and ongoing maintenance and growth of client relationships based on increased participation of managed care membership participants in medically tailored meal delivery.
- Collaborate with Client Services, Delivery and Nutrition Services staff to gather relevant information and to identify opportunities to improve operational processes and documentation of such processes.
- Participate in measurement and reporting of Continuous Quality Improvement activities and client Return on Investment in collaboration with research staff. Such activities include assessment of client satisfaction and shared leadership of improvement activities to increase satisfaction and member-related revenue.
- In conjunction with internal and external stakeholders, assist in securing and finalizing contractual agreements as part of the negotiation team.
Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree in health policy or business preferred and at least three to five years’ related experience including:
- Contract and portfolio management
- Rate and contract language negotiation support experience
- Managed care experience
- Project management
- Knowledge of research methodology and quality metrics preferred