Caramelized Chicken and Bok Choy
Try Bok Choy! It is a mild-flavored Chinese vegetable in the cabbage family that tastes great in a stir-fry. This quick cooking method keeps the vitamins from being lost. Serve over hot rice.
Ingredients (serves )1 tbsp canola or peanut oil
2 minced garlic cloves
1 boneless, skinless, chicken breast half
3 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp chopped peanuts
1 small bunch bok choy
Preparation1. Cut the chicken into bite-size strips
2. Separate the bok choy leaves and wash well. Cut the stalks and leaves cross-wise into thin strips. Separate the leaves and stalks.
3. Heat the oil in a frying pan or wok.
4. Add the chicken and cook, stirring frequently, over medium-high heat. Cook for about 4 minutes.
5. Add minced garlic and peanuts. Cook for about 1 minute, stirring constantly.
6. Add the sugar, cook for another minute stirring constantly.
7. Last, add the bok choy leaves and cook, stirring often for 2 minutes.
8. Serve over 1/2 cup of cooked rice. Enjoy!