Community Servings believes that food is powerful medicine. It has the ability to heal not just the sick, but the loved ones who care for them.
We strive to provide made-from-scratch menus that are:
- Designed to provide 50-67% of daily nutritional needs
- Provide adequate calories and protein to support health during critical illness
- Cooked using healthy fats and minimal added salt
- Culturally appropriate
- Evocative of memories and feelings of comfort
In addition to meals, Community Servings' registered dietitians offer our clients a range of nutrition care services. This begins with a comprehensive nutrition screening and assessment of all new clients.
If needed, our registered dietitians will develop an individualized care plan with the client either over the phone or in person. Nutrition care plans may include goals and objectives such as:
- Nutritional management of side effects from medication or treatment
- Weight management
- Nutritional guidance for medical conditions such as diabetes, kidney disease, cardiovascular disease, etc.
- Ways to increase calories and protein when appetite is poor
- Identifying special diet needs, such as chopped/softs, low vitamin K, or low fiber.
Our dietitians provide counseling, reassessment, and follow-up based on each client's needs.